At JS Barney, the highest priority is to deliver the best of the Firm to every client engagement.
Integrity, both individually and institutionally, in dealings with our clients, the courts, our adversaries, and among ourselves;
- A sense of personal accountability for every decision, judgment, and action on behalf of our clients or the Firm;
- A level of competence which is marked by creativity and judgment that makes the quality and value of our services distinctive, and which our lawyers enhance with continued professional growth;
- A dedication to our clients' interests and an intensity of effort which distinguish our lawyers from others in the profession;
- An independence which does not detract from dedication to the interests of our clients but which always enables us to determine, and to advise, what is in the best interests of our clients;
- Courage in representing our clients in hostile and sometimes individually threatening environments;
- An understanding of our clients that makes us more sensitive to their concerns and objectives and a discipline that makes us more responsive to their needs;
- A determination to provide quality legal services to our clients with real efficiency and within an organization structured to facilitate, rather than to impede, the achievement of these objectives;
- Commitment to this Firm as a professional endeavor, composed of people who have the same professional values and aspirations, the most important of which are contained in these principles.